Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hi my name is...

So the past few days I have been introducing myself ALOT! I have 16 classes a week, ranging in grades 7-11. I am the only teacher that has at least 2 classes of each grade. In grades 8-11 they have had to ask me questions.

Here are the top 10 questions I have been getting ....

10. How tall are you? - 183 cm (they don't do ft / inches)
9. What is your blood type?
8. What is your favorite Japanese food?
7. What is your favorite Japanese artist? Do you really expect me to have a favorite or even know any after being in Japan 5 days.
6. What is your favorite season?
5. What is a difference between America, and Japan?
4. Do you like Japan?
3. Where do you shop?
2. Do you like your sister?

And for the hands down favorite, and top question ...
1. Do you have a boyfriend? Really??? Do they expect me to 1, have already gotten a boyfriend after 5 days of being in Japan, or 2. Leave a boyfriend in the US for 2 years.

Some things just don't seem to change.

I absolutely love my students, and I am looking forward to teaching next week by myself. I just hope I can remember where all the classes are. :-)

1 comment:

  1. hahah funny funny! Well, if it makes you feel any better they ask the same questions here too! Okay, well not the blood type question, that one is pretty out there! Glad your first week thus far has gone well! miss ya friend! Be good and do good :)

    ReplyDelete