Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Best and Worst of Costco

Yesterday was my first trip to Costco. It turned into quite the adventure, because you don't realize how heavy everything you buy gets. I also didn't keep in mind how far I would have to carry it home, and on and off trains.

So for the best- The food! I never thought I would enjoy hot dogs, pizza, and churro's as much as I did at Costco. part of the enjoyment could have been the fact that I hadn't had American food like that, and for that cheep in about 2 weeks. Which really doesn't seem like it's been that long.

The worst- Hands down having to carry a HUGE bag full of food on and off trains and about 2 1/2 miles home up a HUGE hill.

Also on the worst list, is a worst dress candidate. I wish I had gotten a picture because if this girl had been in America I would have thought this girl was a prostitute, but in Japan it is quite acceptable. Okay so she was wearing a mid-drif, TIGHT scoop neck pink shirt, with tight washed out jean capri's. Then to top it all off she was wearing 5 inch clear platform heels. However even though they were clear, the toe/ball of the foot platform area had flowers in it- like it was hollow almost. It was the most bazaar outfit I have ever seen. Oh I almost forgot to mention her long blond and brown spiral weave in her hair.

Anyway she looked quite interesting. At a later time I will have to share some more crazy things I have seen since being in Japan.

I did make it home safe, and the trip was well worth the block of cheese that I got for ONLY 800 yen ($8.00).

No comments:

Post a Comment