Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 1: Welcome to Japan!

My arrival to Japan was delayed a day due to a wonderful stomach bug. Actually it was anything but wonderful (vomiting, diahea, fever etc). So I left Saturday morning at 4:00 am to make it for my 6:30 flight. Thankfully everything went smoothly and I arrived in Japan at 2:00pm on Sunday.

My sister, and Ida sensai, one of my principal's met me at the airport, and then my sister and I wnet by bus to Yokohama station. At Yokohama station one of our friends met us inher car to take my sister and I to my house.

Once I got to my house I had more people here to welocome me. My roomate Bridgette cooked an AMAZING feast of food for my first night here. She was worried I wouldn't be able to eat because I had ben sick, but this was the first meal that actually tasted good. Alright ready for the menu? We had jerk grilled chicken, grilled corn on the cob, grilled pineapple, mac and cheese, green beans, baked beans, garlic bread, and cream cheese fruit dip, with apples, mangos, and strawberries. It was delectable.

After dinner we cleaned up, my sister helped me unpack a little, and then we visited until I started falling asleep. Then they kindly let me go take a shower and crawl into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment