Monday, August 30, 2010

Blessed to be back!

I really don't know where to begin this blog. While today was actually very uneventful, it has heightened many emotions. Today we didn't have classes, so it was just a lot of sitting at my desk. Thankfully I had things to do. Next Monday I speak in chapel, so I worked on typing up my chapel speech so I could give it to my translator. They prefer to have them at least a week in advance. While doing so I started thinking about what I felt I should share. For those who know me, know what a daunting task that can be for me. I am never good at making decisions, especially ones that effect a significant amount of people. I started thinking of my time at home, and some of the wonderful time I spent outside admiring God's beautiful creation. This reminded me of the story about geese that I had heard years ago. So I talked about how the geese fly in a "V" formation and all the benefits it has for the whole group. Here are the main highlights about the geese...


*By flying in the “V” formation the geese use the uplift from others to make flying 71% easier.
*If one goose leaves the “V” the resistance and drag is so great, he hurriedly returns to the group.
*When the lead goose gets tired he falls back into the “V” and lets another goose take the lead.
*If a goose gets sick or wounded at anytime, two geese will go down with it until it heals, and then they fly back to the group together.
*The geese constantly honk to encourage each other to press on and keep flying.

With that said, I talked about how we should be like the geese. How we should encourage each other and share each other's burdens. Although as I write this I am thinking of all the people who are currently encouraging and uplifting me, even though they probably have NOO idea that they are doing it. I have the MOST amazing family. I'm not just talking immediate family, but also extended.


My grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins etc. (on both sides, sorry just a pic of the Denton side) are all Christians and can show you love like you've never experienced. On top of my blood family I have multiple church families. The nearest and dearest to my heart are the members of Vanderveer St. Church of Christ in Burnet TX. I know so many of them pray for me and let me know they're thinking of me by saying hello on Facebook. The love and support they have and continue to show my family is overwhelming, and humbling. Next I have amazing friends scattered all around the world, with most of them residing in OK, TX, or now here in Japan. Saturday it was so great to meet fellow English teachers in Japan whom are also Christians. Thank you all! Your Christian examples, and lives of faith are an inspiration to me, and a big part of the reason I am in Japan teaching/ministering. (Forgive me if I offend anyone for saying ministering)

Thinking about all the incredible people in my life makes me realize how ridiculously blessed I am. I don't understand it. Why has God chosen me to bless this much? I feel like I should be doing so much more than I am. Thank you God for this opportunity, and PLEASE help me share the love and blessings you have SOO richly poured on me!

1 comment:

  1. Autumn you are awesome! And you bless so many lives that you probably dont realize! I think of you often and know you are doing amazing things over there! Miss you greatly and our long coffee talks!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete